10. Dara Torres almost winning her first individual gold and then less than half an hour later, anchoring a silver (almost gold) relay for the U.S..
9. The open water swimmer, Natalie du Toit from South Africa competing without her right leg, not winning, but competing just the same.
8. Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor fielding 5 set points from Belgium in set 1 and going on to beat them in straight sets.
7. Michael Phelps winning the 1st of 8 golds on the Jason Lezak come-back…and Rowdy calling it like the US was beating the Russians in hockey!
6. The IOC president calling out Bolt on his sportsmanship…glad someone in the world still believes in upholding the Olympic creed.
5. U.S. Men and Women gymnastics both medaling without many expectations.
4. The Opening Ceremonies- AWESOME!
3. Lukin beating Johnson during the all around..putting in the work and finally beating the star.
2. Kerri Walsh and Misty May Treanor winning gold over the team from China…with a shot so reminiscent of Athens 4 years ago.
2a. Phil D. and Todd Rogers winning the men’s beach volleyball gold on a run of blocks in the third set.
1. The flag bearer in the opening ceremonies for the USA…representing his new country and doing it on such an international stage
1a. The men’s indoor volleyball team returning from the biggest tragedy of the Bejing games to win the 1st gold in 20 years.
1. Kyle Busch did NOT win anything!
2. Phelp’s mom watching her son swim and screaming for Jason Lezak
3. The IOC finally investigating the Chinese gymnasts
4. “Ring The Bela”….too funny!
What were your favorites?